Cocktailing with Chocolate and Earth Echo Foods’ Cacao Bliss
Whether you’re baking a sweet treat or mixing up a glass of chocolate milk for a loved one, cocoa powder is a staple that every home cook needs on hand. Standard cocoa powder is made from the seed pods of the cacao plant. It is processed and heated, then ground into a fine powder. While cocoa is considered a superfood even in this form, the reality is that your typical cocoa powder has been overprocessed and refined to the point where its health benefits are probably minimal. Start adding sugar and other additives to your cocoa powder, and the situation gets even less positive for your health.
Cacao Bliss from Earth Echo Foods is an alternative to these over-processed cocoa powders. It starts with raw, unprocessed cacao, which maintains all of the health benefits of the cacao plant. Raw cacao supports your body’s natural ability to maintain healthy blood sugar levels if they’re already in a normal range, helps control hunger, and promotes optimal carbohydrate metabolism.*
But Cacao Bliss isn’t just about cacao. Earth Echo Foods has added nine additional, ethically sourced ingredients to the product to help support health and wellness. These include:
- Turmeric, which fights temporary inflammation related to physical exercise, improves digestion, dissolves fat, and soothes occasional anxiety and stress.*
- Black Pepper, which increases the bioavailability of the turmeric by up to 2,000%.*
- MCT Powder, to help you feel satiated longer, making it easier for your body to release fat deposits.*
- Cinnamon, which improves your body’s ability to digest glucose, and reduce your desire for sugar.*
- Monk Fruit, to help satisfy your sweet tooth without impacting your blood sugar.*
- Coconut Nectar, which acts as a prebiotic and feeds the healthy gut bacteria in your lower intestine.*
- Lucuma, which is a Peruvian fruit that adds a hint of caramel-like flavor and has body-repairing properties.*
- Mesquite, which is a sweet and nutty superfood that doesn’t cause blood sugar spikes, and which helps boost your immune system.*
- Himalayan Salt, which contains over 84 minerals and trace elements, while helping to balance your pH levels.*
Together they form a delightful product that is far better than traditional cocoa powder at boosting your health, including lowering blood pressure, lowering the likelihood of blood clots, and improving the blood flow to your heart and brain.
While you can use Cacao Bliss just like a standard cocoa powder, by mixing it with milk or water (hot or cold) or using it in any food recipe, you can also experiment with using Cacao Bliss in cocktails. Cocoa powder doesn’t have a long history in cocktailing, but it has found a number of footholds in the world of mixed drinks.
Perhaps the easiest way to use Cacao Bliss is as a drink rimmer. Just moisten the rim of a martini glass and drag it through a shallow dish of Cacao Bliss powder to give your chocolate martini a flavor boost and a beautiful presentation. Cacao Bliss also works as a fantastic base for a spiked hot chocolate, which you can make by simply adding in a shot of tequila, rum, whiskey, or a coffee-flavored liqueur.
For a real exploration of chocolate, try whipping up this cocktail, which was inspired by the Cocoa À Trois cocktail, originally created by the renowned Tony Abou-Ganim. The natural sweetness of Cacao Bliss really elevates the drink – and otherwise requires no added sweeteners, unlike a standard chocolate martini.
1 ounce vodka
1/2 ounce Cognac
1 ounce dark chocolate liqueur
1 tablespoon egg white
1/2 teaspoon Cacao Bliss
Add all of the ingredients to a shaker with ice. Shake until Cacao Bliss is well dissolved and cocktail is cold. Strain into a chilled coupe, and garnish with a dusting of Cacao Bliss.
Buy your own bag of Cacao Bliss by visiting https://earthechofoods.com/drinkhacker. For 15% off your purchase, use coupon code DRINK!
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.