As luxury events go, it doesn’t get much ritzier than the Universal Whisky Show, from the sound of it. To be held March 18th and 19th at the Wynn hotel in Las Vegas, this event looks to make affairs like WhiskyFest and Whiskies of the World — both upscale happenings by any common measure — look positively mundane.
A ticket gets you all of this:
* Sampling of premium whiskies from all exhibitors.
* One Super pour sample from a range of rare and fine whiskies valued at $300 and above per pour retail. (These currently include Highland Park 40 Year, Dalmore Astrum 40 Year, and Glenfarclas 1966 — a tough choice, indeed!)
* Free cigar samples.
* Entry to all special events during the show.
* Butler passed pre-dinner hors d’oeuvres in show area.
* Gourmet dinner reception.
* Glencairn cut crystal tasting glass.
All for the low low price of $525 — or $375 if you buy in advance.
Visit this page to find out more about the show and about companion tickets (discounted entrance for the non-whisky-drinkers out there), and more information. I don’t know if I’ll be there — though it sounds like an exceptional time!