June 4th marks the arrival of the holiday we’ve all been waiting for: National Cognac Day!
A quick primer on Cognac:
– It is a variety of brandy.
– It is produced in the wine growing region of Cognac in France.
– Like bourbon, it has certain requirements in its distillation process. It must be made from a specific varietal of grape, twice distilled in copper pot stills, and aged a minimum of two years in French oak barrels.
– There are numerous grades and distinctions into which Cognac may be classified, including by age and geography.
Without further ado, we present two cocktails involving Cognac for your consideration.
Combine the VSOP, Campari and Vermouth in a shaker over ice. Strain into a rocks glass over fresh ice and add bitters. Garnish with an orange slice.
Shake and strained into a pilsner glass. Top with hard cider. Garnish with frozen white grapes.
- Recipe: Fall Cocktails from Courvoisier
- Cocktail Recipes for Labor Day, 2015
- Recipe: Halloween Cocktails, 2015
- Recipe: Valentine’s Day Cocktails 2016